Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and Sun, from 12am to 9am.
> Click here for the latest Safe Management Measures for weddings.
> Click here for other COVID-19 advisories.
> Click here for COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc).

Singapore Government

ComCare Long-Term Assistance


ComCare Long-Term Assistance

ComCare Long-Term Assistance

* Also known as Public Assistance

Are you permanently unable to work and need help to support yourself?

ComCare may be able to help if you:

tick are unable to work because of old age, illness or disability;

tick have little or no family support, savings or assets to rely on for your daily needs;​

tick are elderly persons who receive only a small monthly payout from other sources such as CPF Retirement Sum / CPF Life, Pension, ElderShield, Lease Buyback Scheme, and the monthly payout is lower than the prevailing LTA rates;

tick are elderly persons whose children are low-income themselves, i.e have a household income of $1,900 and below, or per capita household income of $650 and below, and unable to support their parents; and 

tick are a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident.

From 1st July 2019, you may receive:

tick Cash assistance
To support daily living expenses. The amount of cash grant depends on the size of your household.

tick Additional assistance for school-going children
To support a school-going child's out-of-pocket expenses, up to $150 per child per month.

Cash Assistance Rates (Primary Tier Assistance)

Household TypeRates
Household Size1 Person$600
2 Persons$1,000
3 Persons$1,400
4 Persons$1,750
Additional children's AssistancePer child$150 additional

tick Secondary assistance
To help those with recurring essentials such as medical or hygiene consumables

tick Discretionary assistance
To help those with one-off essentials such as medical equipment or household appliances 

Secondary and Discretionary Tier Assistance

Types of AssistanceExamples Frequency
SecondaryRecurring essentials e.g. adult diapers, stoma bags, diabetic consumables, dietary supplements Monthly

Once-off medical equipment e.g. commode, oxygen respirator

Once-off household appliances e.g. beds, mattress


tick Medical assistance
LTA recipients receive medical assistance at polyclinics and government / restructured hospitals.

tick Education assistance
School-going children of LTA recipients receive help for school and miscellaneous fees as well as school books.

tick  Supplementary community assistance
LTA recipients receive free or highly subsidised access to a range of social support services e.g. home help, senior activity centres and day activity centres funded by the government.

To apply:

  • Go to your nearest Social Service Office (SSO) to find out more. Each SSO administers ComCare financial assistance and links applicants up with other forms of assistance they might need, such as family services. The SSO will assess your eligibility for assistance.
  • You need to bring:
    • Your identity card
    • Identity card(s) of family member(s) within the same household, if applicable
    • Birth certificate(s) of children below 15 years old, if applicable
    • Marriage or divorce certificate
    • Latest payslip(s)
    • Letter of appointment (employment), if applicable
    • All updated Bank account passbook(s) / statement(s)
    • Medical appointment card(s), if applicable
    • Doctor's memo certifying fitness for work, and duration of condition, if applicable
    • Latest Service and Conservancy Charges bill
    • Latest HDB statement
    • Latest Power Supply bill
    • Prison's Visitor Card, if applicable
    • Documents on assistance received from other organisation(s), if applicable
    • Any other supporting documents

More Questions? Contact Us

sidebanner  mail
Email ComCare

locatesso Locate your SSO

Other Assistance for those who are unable to work

Short-to-Medium-Term Assistance >>

Explore Comcare