Start of content


Short-to-Medium Term Assistance

Short-to-Medium- Term Assistance

* Also known as ComCare Short-to-Medium- Term Assistance

 Are you or your family member unable to find a job or work for a period of time and as a result, your household needs financial help for a temporary period?

ComCare may be able to help if you / your family member:

tick are looking for work or temporarily unable to work due to illness or have to care for children, elderly or other dependents

tick have a monthly household income of $1,900 and below or a per capita income of $650.

tick have little or no family support, savings or assets to rely on for your daily needs

tick are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (at least one immediate family member in the same household must be a Singapore Citizen)

You may receive:

tick Rental, utilities, and/or service and conservancy charges assistance

tick​ Monthly cash grant

tick Medical assistance

tick Employment assistance such as job search and/or training

To apply:

  • Go to your nearest Social Service Office (SSO) to find out more. Each SSO delivers ComCare financial assistance and links residents up with other forms of assistance they might need, for instance, employment assistance or family services. The SSO will help you find out if you are eligible for the assistance.
  • You need to bring:
    • Your identity card
    • Identity card(s) of family member(s) within the same household, if applicable
    • Birth certificate(s) of children below 15 years old, if applicable
    • Marriage or divorce certificate
    • Latest payslip(s)
    • Letter of appointment (employment), if applicable
    • All updated Bank account passbook(s)/ statement(s)
    • Medical appointment card(s), if applicable
    • Doctor's memo certifying fitness for work, and duration of condition, if applicable
    • Latest Service and Conservancy Charges bill
    • Latest HDB statement
    • Latest Power Supply bill
    • Prison's Visitor Card, if applicable
    • Documents on assistance received from other organisation(s), if applicable
    • Any other supporting documents

More Questions? Contact Us

sidebanner  mail
Email ComCare

locatesso Locate your SSO

Other Assistance for those who are unable to work

ComCare Long- Term Assistance >>

Explore Comcare

Last Reviewed On Fri, Oct 5, 2018