The Divorce Support Specialist Agencies (DSSAs) provide specialised services and programmes for divorcing and divorced families. These support services include counselling, case management and family dispute management.
DSSAs are staffed by trained counsellors and social workers. They are equipped with specialised skills to handle divorce matters.
There are six DSSAs under the Ministry of Social and Family Development that provide support and care to families through a strong child-centric approach.
The programmes offered aim to:
- highlight the impact divorce has on children, and
- encourage cooperative co-parenting.
The DSSAs provide these services:
- Pre-divorce Mandatory Parenting Programme;
- information and non-legal advice on divorce-related financial and housing issues;
- case management;
- family dispute management; and
- support groups.
They also run evidence-based programmes to help parents and children cope with the changes in their family structure.
Read more about the divorce support programmes available for families.
There are six DSSAs:
- Care Corner Centre for Co-Parenting
- Healing Hearts@Fei Yue
- HELP Family Service Centre
- PPIS As-Salaam Family Support Centre
- Thrive Parenting! AMKFSC Community Service
- Thye Hua Kwan Centre for Family Harmony
For more details, please see DSSA locations.