Domestic violence can be distressing for the family.
If you are going through a divorce and you have experienced domestic violence in your marriage, it would be best to approach the divorce process by placing the safety of the children first.
If you or your children are the victims of domestic violence, you may
- Call the police to seek help;
- Visit any of the Family Violence Specialist Centres nearest to you for advice and assistance.
Apply for Personal Protection Order (PPO)
If you are experiencing family violence, you may apply for a Personal Protection Order (PPO) against the perpetrator at the Family Justice Courts.
Lodge a Complaint
If you are traumatised by family violence and you are afraid to face your perpetrator in person, or if you are unable to come personally to the Family Justice Courts to make the application for a PPO, you may go to any of the Family Violence Specialist Centres to lodge a complaint through a video-link facility.
List of Family Violence Specialist Centres
- PAVE: (65) 6555 0390, Blk 211 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #01-1446 Singapore 560211
- TRANS SAFE Centre: (65) 6449 9088, Blk 410 Bedok North Ave 2 #01-58 Singapore 460410
- Care Corner Project StART: (65) 6476 1482, Blk 7A Commonwealth Ave #01-672 Singapore 141007
For more information, please refer to the MSF website.