Eligibility Criteria to be Foster Parents
The most important criteria for a foster parent would be love for children, and the desire to help them in their time of need. Many of these children have been through a difficult time in their lives and need a safe environment to build a happy childhood. Applicants must:
- Be a resident of Singapore
- Be at least 25 years old and married
- Be medically fit to care for children
- Have a minimum monthly household income of S$2,000 and a PCI of at least $700*
- Have attained secondary school education
- Have experience caring for and living with children and/or exhibit strong parenting skills;
- Be willing to provide and ensure a child-safe home environment for the foster child.
- Be willing to work with MSF and other professionals for the child's best interest.
Please note that the criteria listed above only serves as a guide. MSF will assess all applications on a case-by-case basis.
* PCI = Per Capita Income = (Total household income) / (Total number of people in the household)
Click here to view full image