Eligibility Criteria FOR Foster Parents
MSF maintains a set of eligibility criteria for the selection of foster parents. The criteria were developed with the best interests of our foster children in mind.
You are required to fulfil the following criteria:
• Be married and apply together as a couple
• Be willing to ensure a child-safe home environment*
• Be at least 25 years old
• Have a minimum monthly household income of S$2, 000 and a PCI of at least $700*. Retirees can apply to be assessed based on non-work sources of income and savings
• Be a resident of Singapore
• Be medically fit to care for children
• Have at least a secondary school education
• Preferably have experience in caring for children
Following the submission of the application, you would be assessed by MSF on your suitability to become foster parents.
* Examples of child-safe home environment include refraining from the use of physical punishment and installing of window grilles (for foster parents caring for foster children below the age of 13).
** Per Capita Income = (Total household income) / (Total number of people in the household)