The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and Sun, from 12am to 9am. > Click here for the latest Safe Management Measures for weddings. > Click here for other COVID-19 advisories. > Click here for COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc).
MSF maintains a set of eligibility criteria for the selection of foster parents. The criteria was developed with the best interests of our foster children in mind. All applicants would undergo assessment to ascertain if they are able to meet the needs of these children.
Applicants must fulfill the following basic eligibility criteria:
• Be married and apply together as a couple
• Be willing to ensure a child-safe home environment*
• At least 25 years old
• Have a minimum monthly household income of S$2, 000 and a PCI of at least $700*
• Be a resident of Singapore
• Be medically fit to care for children
• Have a secondary school education
• Preferably have experience in caring for children
Following the submission of the application, applicants would be assessed by MSF on their suitability on a case-by-case basis.
* Examples of child-safe home environment include refraining from the use of physical punishment and installing of window grilles (for foster parents caring for foster children below the age of 13).
** Per Capita Income = (Total household income) / (Total number of people in the household)