We consolidate the enforcement, licensing and sector regulation functions of Ministry of Social and Family Development.
What We Do
We enforce the Vulnerable Adults Act to protect vulnerable adults from harm caused by abuse or neglect.
We set operational standards in patrol and engagement for the care of destitutes as well as standard of case management for residents in welfare homes.
We look after the welfare and safety of residents of our homes through licensing and inspections of residential facilities to raise the standards of care.
We regulate charities and Institutions of a Public Character in the social and welfare sector to improve their governance in order to serve clients better and to increase stakeholders’ confidence.
Enforcement and Licensing Group (ELG) has adopted the motto of “Empowering Lives Graciously”. We work to improve outcomes for our clients by empowering them to live meaningful lives.
Our clients are:
- residents of children and young persons’ homes
- residents of welfare homes
- the elderly in sheltered homes
- vulnerable adults who are at risk of, or have experienced, abuse or neglect
- social and welfare agencies that are, or aspire to be, charities and institutions of a public character.
There are two divisions in the Group.
1. Licensing and Sector Regulation Division
a) License and inspect children and young persons’ homes and sheltered homes
b) Regulate charities and Institutions of a Public Character in the social and welfare sector
2. Operations and Enforcement Division
a) Undertake the operations function relating to destitute persons, which involves receiving feedback, response, patrol, joint operations with agencies and case management of residents
b) Enforce the Vulnerable Adults Act against offenders to protect vulnerable adults