To be a renowned trauma centre for the healing and recovery of children, youth and families.
To improve the mental health and well-being of traumatised children, youth and their families, by delivering effective and evidenced-based psychological interventions, and building a trauma-informed society through the embodiment of trauma-informed principles
What we do:
- Provide assessments and treatments for child and youth victims of sexual, physical and emotional abuse, and their families, so as to aid in their recovery.
- Provide treatment for parents/caregivers who have physically abused their children.
- Provide specialised training for staff and community partners in the prevention and treatment of child abuse and trauma.
- Partner with community agencies to expand the provision of treatment and support services for victims and families.
- Conduct treatment efficacy research for CTR programmes, as well as collaborative research with external agencies, so as to improve local knowledge and understanding of child abuse and trauma.
- Develop best practice guidelines of professional psychological management of child physical, emotional and sexual abuse in Singapore.
Specialised Treatment Programmes
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT): A conjoint child and parent programme for children and adolescents who have experienced significant emotional and behavioural difficulties related to traumatic life events
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP): A psychotherapeutic treatment method for families that have children with symptoms of emotional disorders, including complex trauma and disorders of attachment
- Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P): A parenting and family support system designed to prevent and treat behavioural and emotional problems in children and teenagers.
Programme evaluation of TFCBT, DDP and Triple P
Profiling of CTR clients
- Risk of sexual revictimisation
- Closed versus open group treatments
Talks and Training
- Investigative interviewing of children
- Childhood trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Parenting and child behavior management
- Physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- Attachment and bonding
- Child sexualised behaviours
- Trauma-informed care
- Managing disclosure
- Self-care and burnout