We build socially-responsible individuals and strong and stable families by creating a safe and nurturing environment for children, young persons and families. We protect and rehabilitate the abused and delinquent.
What We Do
We build socially-responsible individuals and strong and stable families by creating a safe and nurturing environment for children, young persons and families.
We set up the policy and service delivery frameworks for:
- child/family protection and welfare
- management of juvenile delinquency in Singapore
We also provide statutory services for:
- the protection of individuals/families
- rehabilitation of juvenile delinquents
Underscoring our work are 3 beliefs:
- Individuals and families are capable of overcoming difficulties and becoming self-reliant. We help them by empowering them to do so.
- The safety and interest of children, young persons and families is of paramount importance to cultivating socially responsible individuals and strong and stable families.
- The family and community play a pivotal role in rehabilitation and reintegration of abused or delinquent children, young persons and families.
Who We Help
- children, young persons and families who are abused or in need of protection
- delinquent children and young persons
There are 9 branches in our division.
1. Rehabilitation and Protection Policy
Develops and reviews policies and laws related to child and family protection and welfare, and juvenile delinquency.
2. Operations and Service Capability Branch
Responsible for the overall development of programming, professional standards and community engagement platforms for the rehabilitation and protection sector.
3. Corporate Services
We support the Rehabilitation and Protection Group (RPG) by managing their financial resources effectively and ensuring operational efficiency in corporate services functions.
4. Adult Protective Service
Undertakes statutory functions to protect vulnerable adults, oversees the National Family Violence Networking System and works with partners to ensure an effective protection system for individuals and families.
5. Child Protective Service
Responsible for the protection of children and young persons.
6. Children in Care Service
Responsible for the planning and oversight of the Children in Care sector which provides care services and support for vulnerable children.
7. Probation and Community Rehabilitation Service
Responsible for the rehabilitation and reintegration of probationers into society as socially responsible and law-abiding individuals.
8. Youth Residential Service
Responsible for rehabilitative residential and aftercare services for children and young persons.
9. Clinical and Forensic Psychology Service
A clinical-forensic centre responsible for providing comprehensive psychological services to children, young persons and families referred by the division.