> The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and Sun, from 12am to 9am. > If you suspect that you have received a scam call or message, please call the Anti-Scam Hotline at 1800 722 6688 or submit a report online at the Singapore Police Force website.> View the latest Safe Management Measures for weddings, other COVID-19 advisories or COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc).
1. CONTEST PERIOD 1.1. The Break The Silence Ideas Contest is a contest running at
www.stopfamilyviolence.sg/contest from Monday, 11 September 2017, to Monday, 2 October 2017 (the “Contest”). The Contest is organised and hosted by the Rehabilitation and Protection Group (the “Contest Organiser”). The Contest Organiser, the Rehabilitation and Protection Group is a department under the Ministry of Social and Family Development (representing the Government of the Republic of Singapore), with its address at 512 Thomson Road, Singapore 298136. 1.2. The Contest is open for submissions from 00:00 hours on Monday, 11 September 2017 to 23:59 hours on Monday, 2 October 2017 (“the contest period”).
2.1. Subject to clause 2.2 below, any person who is 13 years of age and above, and is a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore, or a foreigner currently residing in Singapore may submit an entry to take part in the Contest (the “entry”). Each person (the “entrant”) may only submit one entry. 2.2. This Contest is not open to employees of DXC Technology Singapore Pte Ltd, IM Communications Pte Ltd, PurpleClick Media Pte Ltd and Weave Pte Ltd and their immediate family members (i.e. parent, child or sibling), or officers from the Ministry of Social and Family Development and the Singapore Police Force who are involved in administering the Contest, and their immediate family members.
3. HOW TO WIN AND PRIZES 3.1. Entrants should pitch an idea or storyboard of between 200 to 400 words about a possible scenario of family violence and how a bystander can help the victim(s) of such family violence to Break The Silence1. Entries which are not in line with this theme may be rejected, and the relevant entry considered invalid as a result, by a panel of judges to be appointed by the Contest Organiser, at any time during the contest period. The judges’ decision in this matter shall be final. No entrant will have the right to challenge the judges’ decision. The judges are not obliged to give any reasons for their decision, and will not engage in any conversation or correspondence with any person regarding their decision. 3.2. The judging criteria are as follows and the Contest Organiser reserves the right to change, amend or withdraw any of these judging criteria without prior notice:
4. SUBMISSION 4.1. Entries must be submitted online at
www.stopfamilyviolence.sg/contest. Register online for free and complete the Contest entry form by submitting all the required information before the end of the contest period.
4.2. Upon completing the entry form, click the “Submit” button. 4.3. You will not be able to edit or delete your entry after it is submitted. Where an entrant has submitted multiple entries, only the latest entry received will be considered valid. 4.4. You will be asked to review and agree with the terms and conditions. You cannot take part in the Contest unless you agree with the terms and conditions.
5. CONDITIONS FOR A VALID ENTRY AND REJECTION OF INVALID ENTRIES
5.1. To be valid, the entry submitted must comply with the following requirements: 5.1.1. meet the eligibility requirements set out in paragraph 2 above; 5.1.2. the entry submitted must be an original work. (The entrant, by participating in the Contest, represents and warrants that the entry is his sole and original work and that he has not violated any third party’s intellectual property rights in the submission of the entry.); 5.1.3. the entry must not have been produced for compensation or submitted for any other contests/forums or won any award (whether or not as part of a contest) or which has been previously accepted for broadcast through any public media (e.g. Internet, radio or television); 5.1.4. there must be no plagiarism or violation of copyright work and the entry must not contain offensive material or violate any laws, statutes or regulations (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, trade secrets, privacy, publicity or other rights) of any relevant parties or contain material against public interest, public order or national harmony; and 5.1.5. the entry must be in line with the theme set out in paragraph 3.1 above. 5.2. The judges reserve the right to reject (and if necessary, remove) any entry they deem to be in violation of clause 5.1 above at any point during the contest period. Their decision is final. No entrant will have the right to challenge the judges’ decision. The judges are not obliged to inform the entrant of their decision, to give any reasons for their decision, and will not engage in any conversation or correspondence with any person regarding their decision.
2For what constitutes a valid entry, please see paragraph 5 of these terms and conditions.
6. CONTENT ADMINISTRATION 6.1. Winners will be notified via email (sent to the email stated in the entry form) before 20 October 2017.
6.2. An announcement on the winners’ entries and the one minute video adapted from the entry by the first prize winner will be made on the Ministry of Social and Family Development’s media platforms.
6.3. The Contest Organiser reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions in any manner it sees fit, without prior notice. The Contest Organiser may also terminate the Contest, scale it down or otherwise modify it as it sees fit, if it sees the need to do so.
6.4. The Contest Organiser collects personal information from its entrant, namely the entrant’s name, NRIC/work pass details, contact number and email address. This information collected is subject to the Ministry of Social and Family Development’s Privacy Statement at
https://www.msf.gov.sg/Pages/privacy-statement.aspx. All entrants shall agree to the Contest Organiser’s collection and use of their personal information for the purpose of Contest administration and publicity (as set out in clause 6.6 below) according to the Privacy Statement. 6.5. Administrative queries may be sent to Cynthia_TAN@msf.gov.sg
Ownership and right to use the entry and related materials 6.6. The ownership of the intellectual property in all entries submitted shall be assigned absolutely to the Contest Organiser which shall have the right to do all of the following: 6.6.1. use the entry, to attribute it to the entrant, and to refer to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, and his/her results in the Contest, in any print or electronic publication, as it sees fit; 6.6.2. adapt the winning entry into a one minute video as the Contest Organiser deems fit and to use the video for public education or as resource material on family violence issues. The winner and the agency/organisation which the winner is from will be credited in the video; 6.6.3. adapt each entry into play scripts, radio scripts or other forms of visual arts as the Contest Organiser deems fit and to use them for public education or as resource material on family violence issues. The winners of the consolation prizes will be credited in the relevant materials. 6.7. The Contest Organiser owns the intellectual property rights to all materials that are produced from the entries submitted in the Contest. Agencies/individuals that wish to replicate or use the materials produced for other projects are to obtain the Contest Organiser’s prior written approval.
7. COLLECTION OF PRIZES 7.1. The prizes will be ready for collection on 17 November 2017. Winners may be interviewed in a video during the prize collection on 17 November 2017, which may be broadcast together with the announcement of the winning entries on the Ministry of Social and Family Development’s media platforms on a later date. 7.2. If they are 16 years old or below, they would need their guardians/parents to accompany them for the prize collection. If they are unable to attend, they will be required to collect their prizes in person within 60 days from the end of the contest period (“the 60-day collection window”). Alternatively, they may, within the 60-day period window, request in writing via email sent to Cynthia_TAN@msf.gov.sg that the prize be sent by post to their home addresses. The Contest Organiser will not be responsible for any prizes which may be lost in the post. The said email must contain the winner’s name, mailing address and a scanned copy of their birth certificate/NRIC Document/work pass (whichever is applicable). The details in the email must match the information contained in the relevant entry. 7.3. Prizes which are not collected by the end of the 60-day collection window will be forfeited. 7.4. In the event that the winners cannot be reached at the email address submitted with the entry (for example if no reply is received, or the e-mail is stated by the system to be “undeliverable”), their prize will be forfeited. 7.5. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, all entries will be deemed to have been made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry. Thus, if Person A submits an entry with Person B’s e-mail address, for example, Person B will be assumed to have made the entry instead of Person A. 7.6. All winners must produce their original NRICs/work passes (whichever is applicable) when collecting their prizes in person. The numbers on their original NRICs/work passes must match the NRIC/work pass numbers stated in the entry form. In the event that the winners are unable to produce their original NRICs/work passes, the Contest Organiser reserves the right to disqualify them from the Contest. The Contest Organiser’s decision in this regard is final. No entrant will have the right to challenge the Contest Organiser’s decision. The Contest Organiser is not obliged to give any reasons for its decision, and will not engage in any conversation or correspondence with any person regarding its decision.
8. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY AND GOVERNING LAW 8.1. The Contest Organiser will not be responsible for, and need not consider, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or garbled entries, no matter what the reason for the entries being lost, late, illegible etc. The reasons may include, but are not limited to technical, hardware, software, telephone or Internet functioning issues, virus contamination, network or human errors, howsoever caused, including through the Contest Organiser’s negligence.
8.2. Except for death and personal injury resulting from the Contest Organiser’s negligence, the Contest Organiser disclaims all liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever suffered by the entrant which arises from or is connected to his or her participation in the Contest.
8.3. The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Organiser against: 8.3.1. any claim or action by any person for loss or damage arising from or which is connected to the entrant’s participation in the Contest; 8.3.2. any claim or action by any person for infringement of any intellectual property rights, which infringement arises from or is connected to the entrant’s participation in the Contest; 8.3.3. any loss or damage suffered by the Contest Organiser arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest. 8.4. These terms and conditions shall be subject to, governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore for every purpose and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from the said terms and conditions.
9. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS 9.1. By accepting these terms and conditions,
9.1.1. you verify that you have read through and agree to all the terms and conditions of this Contest;
9.1.2. you warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening; and 9.1.3. you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
9.2. The Contest Organiser reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove it.
9.3. In consideration of the Contest Organiser agreeing to consider your entry in the Contest, you hereby assign to the Contest Organiser the complete intellectual property rights in your entry, which shall be for the full period of intellectual property rights.
9.4. The Contest Organiser shall be free to assign such rights to third parties.