The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and 1st Sun of the month, from 12am to 6am. Click here for COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc), and here for our latest COVID-19 advisories.
Within 2 weeks of OPG receiving the application, applicants will receive an acknowledgement letter. If the application is accepted for registration, donor and all donees will receive an acceptance letter within 3 weeks.
There is a 3 week mandatory waiting period before the LPA can be registered. If no objections are raised during this period, the LPA will be registered on the next working day from the expiry of the mandatory waiting period.
Within a week from registration, donors and donees will receive a Notice of Registration letter and can view the softcopy registered LPA on the e-services portal.
However, our office was closed to the public during the circuit breaker and we have resumed processing LPAs from 2 June 2020. Please expect some delays in the processing time for LPA applications submitted during the circuit breaker period, and Phase 1 of the post-circuit breaker period.
Yes, you can, at any time when you have the mental capacity, revoke (terminate) your LPA.
What do I have to do?
1. Complete and sign a revocation form
2. Take reasonable steps to notify every donee of the revocation
3. Notify the Public Guardian of the revocation
4. You may also wish to give notice of the revocation to any person that you have previously informed about the LPA (e.g. your bank or other financial institution, CPF Board etc).
5. Upon notification via email, pay the revocation fee of $25 online via OPG’s e-services portal.What will the Public Guardian do?