Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and Sun, from 12am to 9am.
Click here for the latest Safe Management Measures for weddings.
Click here for other COVID-19 advisories.
Click here for COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc).

Singapore Government

Set up & Registration of SSAs

Set up & Registration of SSAs

How do I register as a Society?

SSAs that want to be registered as a Society should register with with the Registry of Societies (ROS). 

Registry of Societies (ROS) 
10 Kallang Road 
ICA Building 
Singapore (208718) 
Tel: 6391 6325

How do I register as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)?

SSAs that want to be registered as a CLG should register with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).

Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) 
10 Anson Road 
International Plaza 
Singapore (079903) 
Tel: 6248 6028

How do I form a trust?

You would need to ask your legal advisors or lawyers to do the necessary administrative papers to set up a Trust under the Trustees Act.

Trustees Act
Attorney-General's Office

How do I register as a Charity?

A SSA has to be a legal entity set up as either a Society or Company Limited by Guarantee before it can apply to be a charity.

A charity is an organisation set up exclusively for any of the following charitable objects:

  1. the relief of poverty
  2. the advancement of education
  3. the advancement of religion
  4. other charitable purposes which help and benefit the community:
    1. the advancement of health;
    2. the advancement of citizenship or community development;
    3. the advancement of arts, heritage or science;
    4. the advancement of environmental protection or improvement;
    5. the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages;
    6. the advancement of animal welfare; or
    7. the advancement of sport, where the sport advances health through physical skill and exertion.

For more information on the registration and fund-raising requirements:

Charity Portal

How do I apply to for IPC status?

A SSA should register itself as a charity first before applying for Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.

An organisation with approved IPC status is authorised to receive tax-deductible donations (i.e. donors are given tax-deduction for donations made to these organisations).

More information on the application requirements can be found at:

Charity Portal

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...