In 1995, then-Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports* (MCYS) commissioned this survey to understand senior citizens, their needs, household characteristics, health status, etc.
To enable planners, policy makers and service providers to better meet the needs of senior citizens and their care-givers, MCYS commissioned this survey. Households with at least one person aged 55 and above were randomly selected from a sampling frame provided by the Singapore Department of Statistics. A total of 4,750 senior citizens were interviewed.
Read more about:
- personal characteristics
- household characteristics
- finance of senior citizens
- employment and retirement
- health status of senior citizens
- mobility and coping with daily living
- family and social support
- community-based social services
*MCYS has been restructured to form the current Ministry of Social and Family Development on 1 November 2012.
National Survey on Senior Citizens in Singapore, 1995