Start of content

New Measures to Enhance Enforcement of Maintenance Orders

As of 19 September 2011, claiming maintenance owed to you or your children has been made easier.

In addition to the Family Court, you can now file a Complaint against the defaulter at the Maintenance Support Central. These agencies can assist you on the filing process and provide other required areas of social assistance.

You may also consider reporting maintenance debts owed to you to Experian Non-Bank Bureau. These debts would be reflected in the credit report of the person who owes you maintenance. 

The Courts have also been empowered to impose additional penalties or sanctions on defaulters. For more information, please refer to the brochures below.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...