How do I register as a Society?
SSAs that want to be registered as a Society should register with the Registry of Societies (ROS).
Registry of Societies (ROS)
10 Kallang Road
Tel 6391 6325
How do I register as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)?
SSAs that want to be registered as a CLG should register with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
10 Anson Road
Tel 6248 6028
How do I form a trust?
You would need to ask your legal advisors or lawyers to do the necessary administrative papers to set up a Trust under the Trustees Act.
How do I register as a Charity?
A SSA has to be a legal entity set up as either a Society or Company Limited by Guarantee before it can apply to be a charity.
A charity is an organisation set up exclusively for any of the following charitable objects:
- the relief of poverty
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of religion
- other charitable purposes which help and benefit the community
- the advancement of health
- the advancement of citizenship or community development
- the advancement of arts, heritage or science
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages
- the advancement of animal welfare or
- the advancement of sport, where the sport advances health through physical skill and exertion.
How do I apply to for IPC status?
A SSA should register itself as a charity first before applying for Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.
An organisation with approved IPC status is authorised to receive tax-deductible donations (i.e. donors are given tax-deduction for donations made to these organisations).