Have a question about MSF? Chat with our new virtual assistant Ask MSF for quick answers.
MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance on Tue, 20 Feb, 8pm to Wed, 21 Feb, 2am & Sat, 24 Feb, 6pm to Sun, 25 Feb, 2am.
During these maintenance period, users may experience intermittent access issues or downtime when accessing the website. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Set Up & Registration of SSAs

Topic(s): Social Service Agencies & Partners

How do I register as a Society?

SSAs that want to be registered as a Society should register with the Registry of Societies (ROS).

Registry of Societies (ROS)
10 Kallang Road
ICA Building
Singapore (208718)
Tel 6391 6325

How do I register as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)?

SSAs that want to be registered as a CLG should register with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).

Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
Singapore (079903)
Tel 6248 6028

How do I form a trust?

You would need to ask your legal advisors or lawyers to do the necessary administrative papers to set up a Trust under the Trustees Act.

How do I register as a Charity?

A SSA has to be a legal entity set up as either a Society or Company Limited by Guarantee before it can apply to be a charity.

A charity is an organisation set up exclusively for any of the following charitable objects:

  • the relief of poverty

  • the advancement of education

  • the advancement of religion

  • other charitable purposes which help and benefit the community

    • the advancement of health

    • the advancement of citizenship or community development

    • the advancement of arts, heritage or science

    • the advancement of environmental protection or improvement

    • the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages

    • the advancement of animal welfare or

    • the advancement of sport, where the sport advances health through physical skill and exertion.

Visit the Charity Portal for more information on the registration and fund-raising requirements

How do I apply to for IPC status?

A SSA should register itself as a charity first before applying for Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.

An organisation with approved IPC status is authorised to receive tax-deductible donations (i.e. donors are given tax-deduction for donations made to these organisations).

Visit the Charity Portal for more information on the application requirements