The Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant is an assistance scheme that is intended to help families who need to hire a FDW to care for their loved ones with moderate to severe disabilities. Eligible families may receive a monthly grant payment of $120.
FDW Grant applicants will need to have their care recipients assessed by a qualified assessor as requiring permanent assistance with three or more Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) for eligibility for the scheme.
As part of our efforts to continually improve our processes and easing application processes for caregiver support schemes, we have introduced the Client Assessment Form (CAF) for the application for the FDW Grant for caregivers of persons with cognitive impairments such as Intellectual Disabilities (ID) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Who is Eligible?
- The care recipient is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Care recipient who is a Permanent Resident has to be aged 65 and above, and the FDW employer must be a Singaporean
- The care recipient must be living together with the FDW employer at the same NRIC-registered address
- Household monthly income per person is $2,800 or less (wef 1 Aug 2019), or annual value of property is less than $13,000 for households without income
- The FDW must attend an AIC-approved FDW Grant caregiver training course
(You may visit AIC's website for the complete list of training courses.)
- The care recipient, including those with *cognitive impairments, is assessed to require support with at least 3 ADLs via either the Functional Assessment Report (FAR) or CAF.
*Care recipients with ID or ASD can choose to have their level of support needs for ADL assessed via the CAF.
How to Apply?
1) Get approval from the Ministry of Manpower
You will need approval from the Ministry of Manpower to be able to hire a FDW. You may visit www.mom.gov.sg for more information.
2) Send your FDW for an AIC-approved caregiver training course
Click here to select a course.
3) Submit your Household Means-Test Declaration to MOH Holdings
Download the Means-Test Declaration Form
4) Download one of the following forms and have it completed by the relevant professional:
(i) Application Form For Schemes Administered By Agency For Integrated Care, Functional Assessment Report. (This form has to be completed by a Singapore Medical Council (SMC) fully registered doctor, Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) registered nurse or Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) registered Physiotherapist (PT)/ Occupational Therapist (OT). The cost of an assessment may vary. You can approach your doctor or care professional for more information.)
(ii) Care recipients with ID or ASD can choose to have their level of support needs for ADL determined via the CAF. You may download a copy of the Assessment of Client on Level of Support Required for Activities of Daily Living here. (This form has to be completed by an AHPC registered PT/OT.) Care recipients who are currently students at a Special Education (SPED) school or receiving disability support services at a Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO) can have the assessment done onsite or be linked up to the Therapy Hubs for the CAF assessment.
Care recipients with ID or ASD who are not receiving disability services from the community may approach one of the following therapy service providers below to obtain their CAF assessment:
||9 Lorong Napiri, S(547532)
|Charges vary between $85 and $115 at the 3 therapy service providers. You should always ask for the charges before proceeding with the assessment.
SPD Ability Centre @ 2 Peng Nguan Street (Tiong Bahru), S(168955)
SPD@Toa Payoh at 249 Kim Keat Link, #01-83, S(310249)
Tel: 6579 0764 / 6579 0757
Tel: 6259 0669
5) Supporting documents
Photocopy the front and back of your care recipient's NRIC or birth certificate.
6) Mail your documents
Send the completed application form, FAR or Assessment of Client on Level of Support required for Activities of Daily Living form and photocopied documents to AIC at:
Agency For Integrated Care
No. 7 Maxwell Road #04-01
Annexe B, MND Complex
You can also e-mail these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Application Form For Schemes Administered By Agency For Integrated Care
2) Functional Assessment Report (FAR)
3) Assessment of Client on Level of Support Required for Activities of Daily Living