Dating agencies, new and existing, can tap into this fund to upgrade and professionalise themselves.
The Partner Connection Fund is an enabler fund that helps jumpstart the dating industry by encouraging new entrants and supporting players in their efforts to upgrade and professionalise themselves.
About The Partner Connection Fund
The Partner Connection Fund will fund up to 80% of the costs incurred for approved projects, subject to a cap of $50,000, based on a co-payment principle.
The Fund is open to:
- Any company, regardless of size, that wants to embark on new services or activities that provide gender balanced social interaction opportunities to singles;
- Existing local dating agencies that wish to upgrade or diversify their businesses locally;
- Aspiring local entrepreneurs who wish to set up dating agencies; and
- Companies established in other businesses that wish to venture into the dating business.
Successful applicants are committed to:
- Engage in and offer matchmaking and/or dating services which target and involve mainly local resident singles1;
- Screen all clients against ROM/ROMM records regularly; and
- Be accredited by SDN/MSF. Accreditation must take place within the contractual period of 15 months2.
- For accredited agencies who are seeking funding, the project will have to be completed as per agreed proposal and to fulfill agreed KPIs up to 2 years from the date of signing agreement.
Successful applicants can use the Fund in the following areas:
- Information Technology (IT), Matchmaking or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Consultancy services on branding/marketing, intellectual property management, business strategy/process, market research;
- Strategic marketing campaigns (for SDNTrust Accredited Agencies and limited to 1 application per annum) ;and
- Training costs for WSQ courses and approved training courses relevant to the industry (Applicable to SDNTrust Accredited Agencies only)
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Business and marketing strategy;
- Sustainability (in terms of breaking even and number of marriages/matches);
- Clear deliverables (e.g., increase usage of service and number of successful matches);
- Creativity and innovation; and
- Management competence (in terms of manpower and expertise).
For enquiries, please email MSF_SDN@msf.gov.sg
Download PCF Application Form (as at 1 Jan 2020).pdf