- 2022 Dedicated as Year of Celebrating SG Families
Strong families are the bedrock of our society - they are crucial in developing resilient individuals and building up a caring society. The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) dedicated 2022 as the Year of Celebrating SG Families (YCF).
- Raising Quality of Preschools and More Support for Children from Low-Income Families to be Expanded Nationwide
MSF announced new initiatives to build on continuing efforts to give every child a good start in life and to uplift the early childhood profession.
- Further Progress in Strengthening Social Safety Nets
To better support those in need, MSF will be enhancing the SupportGoWhere portal, pressing on with the nation-wide scale-up of ComLink, and strengthening support for ComCare families with school-going children.
- NCSS Refreshes Strategy Roadmap For Social Service Sector, Deepens Partnerships With SSAS To Strengthen Social Service Delivery
The National Council of Social Service (NCSS), in consultation with the sector, is refreshing the Social Service Sector Strategic Thrusts (4ST), a five-year strategy roadmap for the social service sector.
- Update on Implementation of Recommendations from the Taskforce on Family Violence
This factsheet provides updates on several initiatives: (i) Raising family violence awareness through a refreshed Break the Silence public education campaign and promoting a Hand Signal for Help, (ii) Tapping on ComLink to support early detection of family and domestic violence, (iii) Amending the Women's Charter to strengthen legal provisions on protection against family violence, and (iv) Deploying forensic-trained psychologists to community-based Family Violence Specialist Centres.
- MSF & NCSS to Enhance Mental Health and Well-Being Support in the Community
Through supporting the Youth Mental Well-being Network (YMWBN), expanding the Beyond the Label (BTL) movement, and other ongoing efforts, MSF and NCSS will continue to work closely with social service agencies and community partners to raise awareness around mental health and well-being, and increase access to support and resources in the community.
COS 2022: Celebrating families as a society
COS 2022: Transforming social service delivery for families in need
COS 2022: Building a fairer and more inclusive society
COS 2022: Journeying alongside families in need