Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

> The MSF website may undergo scheduled maintenance every Tues, Fri and Sun, from 12mn to 9am.
> View COVID-19 advisories or COVID-19 FAQs (for support schemes, etc).

Singapore Government

Application Process

Singapore Central Authority

Application Process

Application for the return of the abducted child

Removal/abduction of child from Singapore

If your child has been removed from Singapore or retained in ​ another country/territory which has breached your custody rights, and you require assistance for the return of your child back to Singapore, you may:

  1. Contact the Singapore Central Authority who will assist you in the application to the overseas authority/jurisdiction;
  2. Send an application for assistance directly to the Central Authority of the country/ territory where the child is; or
  3. Directly commence foreign judicial or administrative proceedings (it is advisable to instruct lawyers to represent you in such proceedings).

Removal/abduction of child to Singapore

If your child has been removed from another country/ territory to or retained in Singapore which has breached your custody rights and you wish to apply for the return of your child, you may:

  1. Email, fax or mail an application for assistance (DOC, 40Kb) to the Singapore Central Authority to seek the voluntary return of your child; or
  2. Commence judicial proceedings in the Singapore Family Court (it is advisable to instruct Singapore lawyers to represent you in such proceedings). You or your lawyer may file your application at:

    LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau
    133 New Bridge Road, #19-01/02 
    Chinatown Point, Singapore 059413 
    Tel: (+65) 65389507
    Fax: (+65) 64386350

All applications to the Family Court must be by way of an Originating Summons accompanied by an affidavit.

Get more information on the Family Court's Electronic Filing System Service Bureau, application and appeal process.

Application for legal aid

If you are residing overseas, you may approach the Singapore Central Authority to assist you in the application for legal aid.

You are required to complete Form 1 – Application for Legal Aid for Matters Relating to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (PDF, 367Kb) and to send the completed form to or fax: (+65) 6354 1514, together with all the relevant supporting documents. Please note that your aid application will not be processed unless the form is properly completed and all the relevant supporting documentation is attached.

If you are residing in Singapore, you may apply in person at:

Legal Aid Bureau (LAB)
45 Maxwell Road #08-12
The URA Centre East Wing
Singapore 069118.
Tel: 1-800-3251424

If you are below 21 years of age, your guardian, who must be a citizen or resident of a country/ territory that has acceded to the HCCAICA, will have to apply on your behalf.

All applicants for legal aid are required to pay a registration fee of SGD1.00 and to go through the Means and Merits Tests. If legal aid is granted to you, a lawyer will be assigned to represent you in the Court proceedings relating to applications for the return of the child under the HCCAICA. You will be required to pay a small financial contribution to the Bureau for the work done, and to bear all expenses to third parties (e.g. for medical reports) which may be incurred in the litigation. Get more information on the legal aid scheme.


All application forms should be completed in English. Any communication or document that is not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.