What You Can Do
If you encounter a rough sleeper who requires support or shelter, you can:
- Contact the PEERS Office at MSF_PEERSOffice@msf.gov.sg;
- Call the ComCare hotline at 1800-222-0000; or
- Submit a request via the Help Neighbour feature on the OneService app.
You may also refer to the “Supporting Rough Sleepers” document
for more information on providing further support for rough sleepers or homeless individuals.
Sometimes, you may encounter urgent situations that require immediate intervention:
If the rough sleeper is observed to be exhibiting violent behaviour threatening public order and safety, please maintain a safe distance and call 999
for the police.
- In the event of a mental health crisis, please contact 6389-2222 for IMH Emergency Services
- In the event of domestic, spousal or child abuse, please call 1800-777-0000 or click this link for the National Anti-Violence Helpline
- In the event of a medical emergency, please call 995 for an ambulance
Volunteering with Partners Engaging and Empowering Rough Sleepers (PEERS) Network
Volunteers with the PEERS Network work with our partner organisations to engage and support rough sleepers in the community. Opportunities include befriending rough sleepers during our regular outreach sessions (usually held after 9pm) and helping out at Safe Sound Sleeping Places (S3Ps).
The PEERS Network believes in the collective power of community action. It is our vision that our community will support and empower rough sleepers and the homeless. The support and help you extend could make all the difference to them. To register your interest as a volunteer, please email MSF_PEERSOffice@msf.gov.sg
Click here for more information on the PEERS Network