The Partnership Fund by SDN supports ideas and initiatives that you are passionate about to create opportunities to bring singles together.
Who can apply?
- Application for funding is open all Singapore-registered organisations; not-for-profit organisations, public agencies, non- government organisations, grassroots organisations, professional bodies, and companies registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA). Proof of status must accompany application.
- School organisations and clubs
What kind of ideas can be funded?
SDN is looking for projects that meet the following desired outcomes:
- Conducive environment to meet new friends of the opposite gender
- Assist in encouraging relationships;
- Serves as an outreach platform to engage singles
Applications will be considered based on the merits of the proposal, which have to fit at least one of the guidelines below:
- Innovative and interesting programmes/events that promote interaction among singles
- Effective workshops that impart relationship building and social skills
- Large-scale creative projects that are strategic in reaching out to singles
How much funding?
SDN can provide co-funding of up to 80% depending on how strong and creative the proposal is in meeting the desired outcomes.
- For 10 - 100 participants, the funding shall be capped at $50/pax, up to a maximum of $5,000 in total
- For more than 100 participants, the funding shall be capped at $100/pax, up to a maximum of $20,000 in total
- Applications by student organisations will be capped at $5,000 per programme/event
SDN may consider commissioning special projects and partnerships that are deemed to be strategic and effective in meeting SDN objectives (for example, large-scale events that have strong traction with the singles, high visibility, etc.).
What are the funding criteria?
- There should be at least 60:40 gender balance
- Participants refer to singles who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Applicant is required to provide the list of participants and their details (e.g. full name, NRIC, email address, birthdate, highest educational qualification)
- Applicant must include the following line in the Terms and Conditions of the funded event/programme: “By registering for the event/programme, you are agreeable for your data to be shared with Social Development Network (SDN), our event partner.”
- All participants are required to fill up two feedback forms after the funded event/programme, one immediately after the event/programme and another 3 months later.
*All applicants will have to follow all funding criteria unless agreed otherwise with SDN.
SDN reserves the right to withdraw or suspend funding in full or in part, or recover the disbursed funding in the event of the following:
(a) Wrong and/or misleading information is provided in the application form and/or supporting documents;
(b) Illegal or negligent acts that occur during any point of the funded programme or social interaction event, which have the potential to adversely affect the reputation of the Social Development Network, Ministry of Social and Family Development, any government bodies, public institutions, national leaders or any organisation/person;
(c) Proposed programme or social interaction event is changed significantly without prior written approval from MSF (SDN), incompletion of project and/or funding is used for purposes other than the approved events or activities; and
(d) Funding is used for purposes other than the approved programme or social interaction event.
How to apply?
All applications should be submitted to SDN_Partnership@msf.gov.sg at least 6 weeks before the commencement of the event/programme.
- For first time applicants, please complete and mail the original Direct Credit Authorisation Form to Social Development Network, 20 Lengkok Bahru, #04-02, Singapore 159053.
- Application processing time is about 4 weeks from the receipt of the completed funding application form.
- Applicant is required to submit the list of participants at least 5 working days before the event/programme for ROM/ROMM screening purposes unless stated otherwise.
- Reimbursement will be based on the number of attendees with the provision of a completed attendance list.
- SDN’s decision is final and we reserve the right not to disclose reasons for approving or rejecting an application.
- Funding is on a reimbursement basis. Organisations shall maintain proper financial records for the project and submit the following documents for disbursement within 8 weeks of the completion of the project:
i. supporting invoices/receipts
ii. post-event report which includes actual cost breakdown, attendance list, post event feedback report and photos
SDN reserves the right to not fund the event/programme if the documents are not provided within this period.
Download The Application Form (PDF, 58KB)
Download The Direct Credit Authorisation Form (PDF, 58KB)