COVID-19 Support Grant
Target beneficiaries and eligibility criteria
Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, aged 16 years and above, who are presently involuntarily unemployed due to retrenchment or contract termination, or presently on involuntary no-pay leave (NPL) for at least three consecutive months, or presently experiencing reduced monthly salary of at least 30% for at least three consecutive months as a result of the economic impact of COVID-19.
The CSG is open to:
a) First-time applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria; and
b) [From 1 Oct 2020] Individuals who are currently receiving or have received CSG support, and fulfil the revised eligibility criteria after their CSG support has ended. They can apply for an additional three months of CSG support.
The revised eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 Support Grant, which take effect from 1 Oct 2020, are as follows:
· Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents aged 16 years and above.
· Full-time or part-time employees affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 situation (loss of job/income or start of involuntary no-pay leave should have occurred after 23 Jan 2020):
- Presently involuntarily unemployed due to retrenchment/contract termination;
- Presently on involuntary NPL for a period of at least three consecutive months (e.g. Mar - May 2020, Aug - Oct 2020); or
- Presently experiencing reduced monthly salary of at least 30% for a period of at least three consecutive months (e.g. Mar - May 2020, Aug -Oct 2020);
· Prior gross monthly household income of ≤$10,000, or monthly per capita income of ≤$3,100;
· Live in a property with annual value of ≤$21,000;
· [From 1 Oct 2020] Does not own more than one property;
· [From 1 Oct 2020, for unemployed applicants only] Demonstrates job search or training efforts;
· Not a current beneficiary of ComCare assistance, i.e. Long-Term Assistance, & Short-to-Medium-Term Assistance.(Note: ComCare clients currently receive comprehensive support, and will be assisted by SSOs if they require more assistance due to changes in their financial circumstances);
· Has not already benefitted from nor is planning to apply for assistance under the Self-Employed Persons Income Relief Scheme (SIRS);
· Not on SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme-Company Training, or SGUnited Skills programmes;
· Full-time National Servicemen and interns are not eligible
Recipients of the support grant must:
· Have been employed as a full-time or part-time permanent or contract staff prior to job/income loss; and
· Agree to actively participate in job search or attend a training programme under Workforce Singapore or the Employment and Employability Institute.
For those who have experienced involuntary job loss or presently on involuntary NPL for a period of at least three consecutive months - Monthly cash grant of up to $800, for 3 months, will be credited into bank account.The cash support quantum will be based on the last-drawn monthly salary, capped at $800.
Job and training support by Workforce Singapore or the Employment and Employability Institute.
For those who have experienced income loss of at least 30% for a period of at least three consecutive months - Monthly cash grant of up to $500, for 3 months, will be credited into bank account.The cash support quantum will be based on the last-drawn monthly salary, capped at $500.
Apply online at go.gov.sg/CSG (9am to 6pm daily) till 31 December 2020. Existing/previous CSG recipients may re-apply from 1 October 2020. Those who need help filling in the online application form can call the ComCare Call hotline (1800-222-0000) or email email@example.com for assistance. Those who are not able to apply online can call the ComCare Call hotline to schedule an application slot at their nearest Social Service Office(go.gov.sg/ssolocator). You may refer to the full list of FAQs here.
Applications open from 4 May – 31 Dec 2020, 9am to 6pm daily.
About 2 weeks upon submission of supporting documents.
Supporting documents required:
· Bank account number (for fund disbursement)
· Relevant documents indicating involuntary loss of job, being on involuntary NPL or reduction of at least 30% salary for at least three consecutive months; such as
- Letter of retrenchment/termination of contract
- Letter from employer stating being placed on involuntary NPL for at least three consecutive months
- Letter from employer indicating loss of at least 30% salary for at least three consecutive months
· Payslip(s) or CPF contribution statement(s) showing last drawn monthly salary, before loss of job, being placed on involuntary NPL, or loss of at least 30% of salary
· Payslip(s) or CPF contribution statement(s) showing last drawn monthly salary, after loss of job, being placed on involuntary NPL or loss of at least 30% of salary
List of Supporting Documents
Back to top