1. The National CARE Hotline (‘NCH’) will cease operations from 31 December 2022, 8pm, following a decrease in number of calls received. As of 1 November 2022, more than 76,500 calls have been made to the hotline – emotional support, mental health issues, as well as marital and family issues have been the top concerns surfaced by callers.
2. The NCH was launched on 10 April 2020 amid the Circuit Breaker as a COVID-19 crisis support hotline to provide psychological first aid to individuals who experience emotional distress related to the pandemic. Since its inception, over 900 mental health professionals, social service professionals, and trained volunteers have stepped up to man the hotline. The hotline is currently managed by social service professionals and trained volunteers from Viriya Community Services.
3. In January 2022, operating hours were adjusted to 8am to 8pm as call volumes stabilized. With the easing of safe management measures and the transition to living with COVID-19, the NCH observed an 85% decrease in number of calls received in October 2022, compared to May 2020 (during Circuit Breaker).
4. From 31 December 2022, 8pm, members of the public who call the NCH will be directed to alternative helplines for assistance, including those supported by Institute of Mental Health and Samaritans of Singapore
- Care Corner Counselling Centre (for Mandarin speakers) (1800 3535 800)
Fei Yue’s Online Counselling Service (eC2.sg)
- Viriya Therapy Centre (6256 1311)
Marital and Parenting Issues
- Community Psychology Hub’s Online Counselling Platform (CPHOnlineCounselling.sg)
- Hear4U (WhatsApp 6978 2728)
- Institute of Mental Health’s Mental Health Helpline (6389-2222) (24-hour)
- SAGE Counselling Centre – The Seniors Helpline (1800 555 5555)
- Samaritans of Singapore (Hotline 1-767; CareText WhatsApp 9151 1767) (24-hour)
- Singapore Association for Mental Health Helpline (1800 283 7019)
- Silver Ribbon Singapore (6386 1928)
- Tinkle Friend (7 – 12 years) (1800 2744 788)
Reporting of Violence or Abuse
- National Anti-Violence & Sexual Harassment Helpline (1800 777 0000) (24-hour)
MINISTRY OF SOCIAL AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT