Married couples may face conflicts and differing expectations in their relationship, leading to marital stress and grow apart.
Do not wait till it is too late to go for help. Relationships do not fall apart overnight. The longer the problem stays, the more the relationship becomes strained.
Seek help early from a professional to work with you and your spouse on improving your marital relationship. A counsellor can help you and your spouse to:
- understand the issues and conflicts in your marriage
- improve your marriage by working through the issues and reasons for conflict
- discover internal resources and strengths that could strengthen your marriage
- communicate and re-connect with your spouse
- regain the trust and commitment in your marriage
Couples can visit these organisations for marriage counselling services:
- Secular organisations such as voluntary welfare organisations, family service centres and private counselling centres;
- Religious organisations such as churches, mosques and temples; and
- Private Counsellors / family therapists
Couples can also view the list of MSF approved providers of marriage education and support programmes here.
CPH Online Counselling
CPH Online Counselling is a two-year pilot for an online counselling service started in April 2020. It is run by the Community Psychology Hub and supported by the Ministry of Social and Family Development.
It provides emotional support on marital, divorce and parenting issues. This service is provided free-of-charge.
Key features of CPH Online Counselling are:
- Anonymous – you do not need to reveal your identity unless you choose to
- Convenient – accessible from computer or smart phone anywhere
- Two modes available – live chat or email
To find out more and sign up, visit www.CPHOnlineCounselling.sg.
For more information
Family Service Centres (FSCs)
FSCs are based in the community to provide help and support to individuals and families in need. They are staffed by social service professionals. Working closely with these individuals and families, FSCs help them to better cope with their personal, social and emotional challenges in their lives. You can visit our FSC E-Locator to find the FSC nearest your home.