MSF website will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, 27 April, 10pm to Sunday, 28 April, 6am. During this maintenance period, users may experience intermittent access issues when accessing the website. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Have a question about MSF? Find quick answers with our chatbot Ask MSF.

I Want to Report Domestic Violence

Everyone has the right to feel safe. If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, do not ignore the situation. There are trained professionals who care and can help.

Contact the National Anti-Violence and Sexual Harassment Helpline (NAVH)

To report a case of violence or abuse:

  • Call the National Anti-Violence and Sexual Harassment Helpline (NAVH) at 1800-777-0000; or
  • Make an online report via the NAVH Reporting Form.

Before making a report, please note:

  • If there is imminent danger to a person’s life and safety, call the police at 999.
  • Information shared will be kept confidential.
  • There is no civil or criminal liability for making a report, as long as you are providing the information in good faith.
  • Reports made through the helpline or online reporting form will be treated similarly.
  • A police report may be lodged based on the information that you provide. This may happen if the information must, by law, be reported to the police.

When reporting over the phone, it would be helpful to provide as much information as possible, such as:

  • Description of injuries, abuse, neglect
  • Location of abuse
  • When and how did you find out about the abuse
  • Victim’s name, age, address
  • Name of the person allegedly causing harm, age and relationship to the victim
  • Your name and contact details

If you are making an online report, please follow the instructions on the form to provide as much information as possible.

Go to the Police or Authorities

If there is imminent danger to your/the victim’s life and safety, call the Police at 999 or SMS 71999 for immediate assistance.

If you are a school student, you can approach a trusted adult, school teacher or school counsellor.