Professionals are required to pass a certification course and meet the following eligibility criteria to be registered as a Professional Deputy:
a) Being from one of the eligible classes of persons:
- Singapore Qualified Lawyers, admitted as Advocates and Solicitors under the Legal Profession Act;
- Registered Public Accountants under the Accountants Act;
- Registered Chartered Accountants under the Singapore Accountancy Commission Act (Cap. 294B);
- Registered Medical Practitioners under the Medical Registration Act;
- Registered Allied Health Professionals under the Allied Health Professions Act;
- Registered Nurses under the Nurses & Midwives Act;
- Registered Social Workers or Registered Social Service Practitioners with the Social Work Accreditation and Advisory Board.
b) Is/has been appointed as a Deputy by the court, or to act as legal counsel, or practised in his profession for continuous period of at least 5 years.
c) Not being a bankrupt or discharged bankrupt who is still on Official Assignee's records.
d) Having good credit rating from Credit Bureau.
e) Not facing criminal proceedings or convicted of certain criminal offences involving moral turpitude, offences against persons, offences against public order and offences showing financial dishonesty.
f) Not facing or found liable in any civil proceedings for breach of fiduciary duties.
Interested professionals may refer to this page for any updates on the next run of certification course.